Digits Hand Tracker

Προβληματισμοί, απόψεις για επιστημονικά, τεχνολογικά θέματα και γεγονότα.
Forum rules
Σας υπενθυμίζουμε να μην δημοσιεύετε μηνύματα σε greeklish ή συνεχή ΚΕΦΑΛΑΙΑ! Τέτοια μηνύματα θα διαγράφονται.
SlasherG
MechEng Seeder
MechEng Seeder
Σχολή: Μηχανολόγος

Digits Hand Tracker

Post by SlasherG »

SourceFed wrote:Today in “we live in the future” news, Microsoft’s Research lab has come out with its latest prototype, and it makes the Kinect look downright quaint.

It’s called “Digits,” which includes a hand tracking device worn on the wrists that can accurately model the movements of your hand, down to each individual finger.

With the device being worn on your wrists, David Kim, Ph. D, a Microsoft Research fellow explains that “the Digits sensor doesn’t rely on external infrastructure, which means users are not bound to a fixed space.”

I.e., now your Kinect can exist outside of your living room. Or basement. Or wherever you’ve put that thing.

Eventually, Kim says, he wants to shrink the device down to the size of a wristwatch, which would allow one to carry it at all times, even connecting to your smartphone and having its screen beamed to a TV or projected onto a Google Glass-like device, manipulated by nothing but your free hands.

Really, the video above has some Minority Report stuff going on — but potentially with even less gear.

The prototype is already quite small when you consider how early in its development it’s at. Yet in the near future, this sort of technology can seamlessly integrate into the daily physical life of your tech-savvy user
Πηγή: http://sourcefednews.com/2012/10/10/mic ... r-fingers/

Βίντεο:

Το πρώτο πράγμα που σκέφτηκα: ΦΑΝΤΑΣΟΥ ΤΟ ΜΕ ΤΑ GOOGLE GLASSES. OMFG.
Come ride with me
Through the veils of history
I'll show you how god
falls asleep on a job.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
petyros
Private First Class
Private First Class
Σχολή: Ηλεκτρολόγος

Re: Digits Hand Tracker

Post by petyros »

ενδιαφέρον...θα είχε πολλές ωραίες εφαρμογές ;)
SlasherG
MechEng Seeder
MechEng Seeder
Σχολή: Μηχανολόγος

Re: Digits Hand Tracker

Post by SlasherG »

σκέψου google glasses στη θέση της οθόνης, και το παραπάνω σε μέγεθος ρολογιού, να αντικαθιστά όχι απλά το ποντίκι, αλλά ένα γενικότερο πολυδιαδραστικό τρόπο μεταχείρησης δεδομένων.

κι όλα αυτά, όσο περπατάς. :o
Come ride with me
Through the veils of history
I'll show you how god
falls asleep on a job.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win

Return to “Επιστήμη & Τεχνολογία”